Every year in June we hold an awards assembly to recognize some of the great accomplishments of our students.
Awards that students may receive include:
Melnyk/Bullock Literacy Award
This award goes to a grade one student who has demonstrated the most improvement in reading.
Fine Arts Award
Awarded to K-9 students for excellence in any of the Fine Arts: Music, Art or Drama.
Athlete of the Year
This award is presented to a female and male student who demonstrates the best qualities of an athlete: Sportsmanship, positive leadership, participation in physical education classes, school sports and ability.
Recipient must portray an attitude of responsible citizenship. Characteristics include, but are not limited to:
- A willingness to work collaboratively and/or independently on projects that benefit the school/community
- Empathy and compassion for others
- Kindness and fairness
- Leadership skills;
- The ability to exercise self-control
- Tntegrity in interactions with others
Recipients of this award meet the following requirements:
- Work to the best of his/her ability
- Display a high level of courtesy towards students, staff and visitors
- Cooperate with other students and staff
This award is presented to one student in each of Grades 4 to 9 who has achieved the highest academic results.
This award is presented to one student who best demonstrates through word and deed, the PRIDE virtues that are cherished in the Entwistle community and also includes active involvement in school life, dedicated, reliable and a consistent work ethic.