Nature Kindergarten Virtual Open Houses
February 8, 2021 - Nature Kindergarten is an optional extension program based at Muir Lake School and focused on providing meaningful student engagement in a nature-based setting while addressing kindergarten curriculum.
With our ultimate goal being student success and well-being, we ensure children spend the majority of their day outside exploring the local environment as inspiration for their learning. Nature Kindergarten nurtures independent, confident and resilient learners with a zeal for problem-solving. Physical literacy and lifelong health and well-being are fostered through outdoor adventures that contribute to the social and emotional assets of individual health.
2021-2022 Virtual Open Houses
The Nature Kindergarten Program has two upcoming virtual information sessions planned for prospective families.
Date: Wednesday, February 24 or Wednesday, May 12, 2021
Location: Online Webinar via Google Meet
Attendees will join Nature Kindergarten teacher Tracey Gilmour as she presents:
- A full overview of the Nature Kindergarten program
- How a typical Nature Kindergarten student spends their day at school
- Answers to frequently-asked Nature Kindergarten questions
Families will be able to see the full scope of the program, ask any questions they may have and evaluate if Nature Kindergarten is a good fit for them and their child(ren).
To apply to the 2021-2022 Nature Kindergarten Program, please complete and submit a Nature Kindergarten Application Form.
- Your child must first be registered for a recognized Alberta Kindergarten program (such as Parkland School Division's regular Kindergarten program) before they can be registered in the Nature-Based Kindergarten program. Online registration for Parkland School Division opens Monday, February 8, and closes Thursday, March 25 at 4:30pm. While priority shall be given to Parkland School Division students, out-of-division applicants may be considered if space and resources are available.
- The 2020-2021 Nature Kindergarten Application Form will continue to accept applications for the current school year as long as space remains available in the Nature Kindergarten program. Please use the correct form when submitting your application: the 2020-2021 form cannot be used to apply for the 2021-2022 school year.
Complete information on the registration process can be found on the Parkland School Division Registration page.
To learn more about Parkland School Division's Nature Kindergarten program, please visit the Nature Kindergarten page.
For more information contact:
Muir Lake School